Are you throwing a summer wedding? It’s a beautiful season to tie the knot. Everything is flowering, sunny and bright. In some destinations, like Mauritius, planning a wedding in summer is very particular due to the very warm weather and humidity. From keeping your wedding guests comfortable to choosing a shaded décor, various tips can help you stand out from the crowd. Ready to finalize the planning of your summer beach wedding? Here’s a checklist you will want to go through before:
- Shaded décor – If you are planning your wedding ceremony outdoor, make sure you set up a shaded décor where guests can escape from the heat
- Keep your guests as comfortable as possible – Choose favors such as fans, parasols, sunglasses that will keep them happy throughout the ceremony. These can also act as gifts that can take away after the wedding.
- No heavy alcohol drink – Because you want your guests to chill out and enjoy their time, make the choice of refreshing cocktails, chilled white wine or rosé rather than heavy red wine.
- Your flowers must hold up in the heat – Your florist will recommend heat-resistant blooms that won’t wither after few hours. Orchids, fluffy flowers and garden roses are the best in summer.
- Think twice about your wedding day timeline – During summer, you don’t want your guests to stand out in the sun the whole time. Keep the time between the ceremony and the reception short.
- Choose fresh colors – Dark and heavy tones will make everything feel warmer. Prefer light and pastel colors such as yellow, blue or coral.
- Pick up airy fabrics – Groom, bride, bridesmaids: stick to light fabric. Sweaty newlyweds do not make chic wedding photography.
- Choose light dinner – if you are having a beach wedding, prefer fresh salad, seasonal veggies, grilled fish or chicken.
- Serve ice cream for your beach wedding to wow your guests – have your caterer create summer-friendly treats like ice cream or popsicles.
- Make the right choice for your hairstyle – Pull your hair off your face to stay fight the humidity and stay cool.
Ready to rock your summer wedding ?